For some, hiring a moving company is the right answer. Eliminating the stress of packing, lifting heavy objects and transporting is well worth the money spent. For others, saving that money through a do-it-yourself move is the way to go. There are also ways to combine your services to get the help you really need. When it comes to moving, it's important to consider all of your options.
Moving is always cheaper than hiring a full-service moving company. However, the savings may not always be substantial, and there are many other factors to consider, such as time, stress, and effort required. In most cases, the answer is yes - mover jobs are worth it. Professional movers are incredibly good at making the transition from home easier, faster and safer than doing it on your own. If you don't have a lot of cash, consider asking friends and family to help you save on the cost of moving.
As hard to believe it may be, paying for professional moving services can save you money; the cost of hiring a professional moving company may be higher than the cost of making an independent move (although it may not always be the case). This is because most moving companies come with optional insurance and have carriers trained to handle specialty items such as antiques. Ultimately, you should feel that you are less stressed when you hire a moving company and you don't have to worry about your things getting damaged in the process. It may be better to hire experienced and reliable professionals to move your household items (just make sure you choose good carriers you can trust) and just take your most valuable possessions with you. If you have the money to pay for it or you have a way to cancel it, then hiring a moving company makes financial sense. Below are some common services provided by moving companies, as well as five reasons why it pays to hire professionals, whether you're moving across the country or across town:
- Insurance: Most professional movers offer insurance for any loss or damage caused during transit.
- Speed: Professional carriers are well-trained and experienced, so they work with great speed and precision.
- Heavy Items: Movers are experts at climbing that heavy sofa up a narrow staircase, plus they'll also take care of other bulky items such as entertainment centers, bed frames and mattresses.
- Organization: Experts know their work and will do things their way.
You will be able to give instructions, of course, but you will not be able to micromanage the process.
- Distance: Full-service movers can handle larger moves and relocations between larger distances, within a city or even out of town.